Special Offer on Infrared Sauna Treatments
Relax, Warm Up, and Enjoy The Health Benefits of Infrared Sauna Treatments! Get ten 30 minute sessions for $250. Infrared sauna treatments have many health benefits such as detoxifying the body, pain relief, weight loss, improved sleep, improved mood, increased energy levels, and more. Continue reading to find out more about Infrared Sauna Therapy or call us today to book a session at 519-966-8200
Berton Physiotherapy is pleased to offer Infrared Sauna Therapy in Windsor, Ontario.
“Give me a fever and I can Cure any disease” Hippocrates
Saunas and steam baths have been used for centuries by cultures around the world to bring about detoxification. Traditionally, saunas have been used to improve mental clarity, to diminish pain and promote longevity. In the past few years, hyperthermic (sweat) therapy has been studied quite extensively and several papers on this subject have appeared in the scientific literature. Through this research, it has been shown that saunas greatly assist in the elimination of accumulated toxins. Toxic metals, including mercury as well as organic toxins such as PCB’s and pesticide residues, are excreted in high quantities in the sweat during properly conducted hyperthermic therapy sessions.
In addition to detoxification of the body, hyperthermic therapy has several other benefits to health promotion and healing. The benefits specifically related to Infrared Sauna Therapy, a unique form of hyperthermic therapy, will be outlined on this page. Before doing so lets answer the following question….
What is an Infrared Sauna?
A good way to answer this common question is by comparing infrared saunas to conventional saunas.
Conventional Saunas transfer heat through the air at sometimes untolerable temperatures.
Conventional saunas transfer heat through the circulation of hot air. The air then makes contact with your body and warms it on the surface. The temperature of conventional saunas must be quite high to be effective therapeutically. The temperature must be so high because conventional saunas warm the body’s surface rather than penetrating deep into the body. The high temperature can be uncomfortable and is not tolerated well by some people. This can also be dangerous for people who have certain medical conditions.
Infrared Saunas give off radiant heat rays that penetrate deep into the body.
Radiant heat is a form of energy that heats objects directly without heating the air in between. Infrared Saunas transmit radiant heat through invisible rays of light known as far-infrared. This is also called “infrared heat” (it is completely safe and never to be confused with ultra-violet light). In fact, the emitters used in Infrared Saunas are so gentle and safe that hospitals use them to warm premature infants.
FAR Infrared Saunas do not heat the air around the body like a conventional sauna does. Instead FAR Infrared Saunas warm the body without heating the air around it. Infrared Saunas use FAR Infrared heat rays to warm your body directly at a much lower temperature than conventional saunas (110-150°F or 43 – 66°C). These radiant heat rays travel directly to the surface or your body and warm it internally by penetrating 1.5″ or more into the body. This deep heat penetration at lower temperatures compared to conventional saunas, makes Infrared Saunas a highly enjoyable and comfortable environment. This type of environment is tolerated well by the majority of people, including those with health problems that prevent them from using conventional saunas.
Infrared Sauna Therapy is proving to be a useful tool to the promotion of health, illness prevention, pain management, and healing of the body and is now provided at Berton Physiotherapy and Chiropractic in Windsor Ontario.
The Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
Some of the benefits of Infrared Saunas are as follows:
- Detoxifies The Body by stimulating perspiration at a comfortable temperature to reduce the body’s levels of acid and waste residue like toxins, sodium, alcohol, nicotine, cholesterol and the potentially carcinogenic heavy metals (especially zinc, lead, nickel, cadmium, etc).
- Pain Relief and Management from conditions such as Chronic Low Back Pain, Rheumatic Arthritis, and more recently has been used in cancer therapy.
- Infrared Sauna Therapy has been used to to relieve symptoms of menopause such as chills, nervousness, depression, dizziness, head and stomach aches.
- Infrared Saunas have a regulatory effect on Sleep, Moods, and Energy Levels.
- Weight Loss and Management is another benefit of Infrared Saunas. It burns up to 900 cals per 30 minute session. Equivalent to the number of calories a 150 pound person normally burns up in 30 minutes of exercise. It also directly helps to excrete fat and toxins directly from the body.
- Infrared Saunas help open wounds heal faster.
- Passive Vascular Conditioning is also a benefit of Infrared Saunas. Its benefits to blood vessels and the heart is similar to those of physical exercise. This is excellent for those who can not condition their vascular system physically. Such as, those paralyzed or with restrictive cardiovascular Problems such as Congestive Heart Failure and hypertension.
- Infrared Sauna Therapy also enhances skin heath, complexion and appearance. It firms and improves skin tone and elasticity, and it improves the condition of acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, skin lesions and cuts.
- The Infrared Sauna also reduces stress and fatigue and increases the strength of the immune system.
Experience the latest in detoxification technology and the most efficient and safest way to rid the body of toxic overloads.
Infrared Sauna Therapy Windsor Ontario: Available at Berton Physiotherapy and Chiropractic